The Crozet Arts & Crafts Festival is a tradition for many artists, patrons, volunteers and entertainers alike. It has a strong reputation locally and the demographics of the area provide support year after year. Due to its central location in the Commonwealth and its convenient access to many major roadways, including I-81 and I-64, the Charlottesville area makes a great show stop between major cities. Any time of year is a good time of year to do business here, but many visitors choose to visit this historic area in the exquisite Spring and Fall.
Crozet Arts & Crafts Festivals are held at Claudius Crozet Park and serve as the primary year round source of income for the operation and maintenance of the Park. The Park is a community owned and operated non-profit recreational facility open to all. Locals support the art festival for this reason. Out of towners and travelers from other regions attend as a way of supporting the fine craft of handmade artworks for which we are so well known.
The Crozet Arts and Crafts Festival is run by one year-round full time Festival Director, supported by the Park Board. The Festivals operate with the aid of amazing Crozet and Albemarle County area volunteers who give their time in a variety of capacities at each Festival.
ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION
Our marketing campaign includes but is not limited to the following:
- Radio coverage by major networks in the Charlottesville, Richmond, Waynesboro, Staunton, and Harrisonburg areas, with on-air ticket giveaways
- Welcome Center and Rest Area banners and promo displays
- Social media connections
- Email blasts
- Press Releases to local and state-wide publications
- Newspapers and magazine publications in print and online
- Postcards (sent by artists, complimentary)
- Poster and rack card distribution
- Local banners
- Collaboration with local business and organizations
- Festival postcards and posters provided free of charge for your mailing lists
- Complimentary continental breakfast Sat & Sun
- Catered Artist reception Saturday evening (2 complimentary tickets per booth)
- Your name, medium, work description, and website with link listed on the Festival website
- Your name, medium, work description, and website listed in the Festival program
- On site camping, minimal charge includes shower use in on-site YMCA pool house at designated hours
- Overnight Security on Friday and Saturday nights
- Booth sitters
- Easy check-in
- On-site Exhibitor parking
- Exhibitor badges and booth cards with business name and booth number
- Electricity included with tent and pavilion booth spaces (please see Festival Policies for important information regarding electrical requirements)
ARTIST AWARD PROGRAM
The Crozet Arts and Crafts Festival offers several awards to outstanding Exhibitors each year. Director’s and President’s Choice Awards are honorary, with recognition at the Artist Reception on Saturday evening. Best in Show, 2nd Place, and 3rd Place are chosen by outside judges – generally community members involved in the local arts scene. These awards also include jury exempt status for Festivals in the following year, as well as free or discounted booth space. All Award winners receive beautiful handcrafted ribbons.
ARTIST EXHIBITOR APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Read and agree to the Festival Standards and Policies
- Images: 5 (4 images of work, 1 booth shot with no signage)*
- Application Fee: $30 ($45 for paper application), nonrefundable (see full schedule and list of payments and fees)
The Festival jury is made up of at least three members, not including the Festival Director who does not contribute to jury scoring. Jurors are artists, arts professionals, or collectors with experience in a variety of media. Jurors work independently, scoring each applicant 1-5 based on the photos provided with the application as well as answers to the questions in the application. Scoring is done anonymously – jurors do not know Artist names (please be sure your booth shot does not include signage). Final selection of juried work is at the discretion of the Festival Director, to maintain variety and limit work in popular categories.
NON-PROFIT OR OTHER VENDOR REQUIREMENTS
FOOD VENDOR REQUIREMENTS
- Read and agree to Festival Policies
- Read and agree to Food Vendor Policies
- Submit the Food Vendor application
- Submit separate checks for booth fee and $50 trash deposit
*Images must be included in all zapp applications. Paper applications must submit digital photos only – email is preferred, cd is accepted. NO printed photos or slides, please.