8 Reasons to Volunteer at the Crozet Fall Arts and Crafts FestivalSeptember 14, 2018
We know you are busy (we are too!). Adding one more thing to your schedule can seem overwhelming. That said, we would really like you to join us as a Volunteer at the Crozet Fall Arts and Crafts Festival this year, so here’s our pitch:
- As a Festival Volunteer, you are directly supporting the Arts by facilitating this space for Artists to meet the public, share their stories, and sell their work.
- You are also directly supporting Claudius Crozet Park, a non-profit 501(c)(3) owned and operated by the community of Crozet and open to all. The Festival is the largest source of income for the Park, with revenue going towards general maintenance and upkeep as well as improvements such as the paved Perimeter Trail and the Dog Park.
- Supporting the larger community of Crozet, Charlottesville, and Albemarle County. The Festival brings tourists from Richmond, Roanoke, Harrisonburg, and areas of Northern Virginia to our community, so participating in making this event happen also supports local restaurants, hotels, and other tourist attractions.
- It’s lots of fun. Research shows that people are happiest when we are connected and interactive in our communities. Whether selling tickets, pouring beer, or even cleaning up after the Festival ends, we all have a great time working together and making this big event happen for our community members.
- You get free admission. If you are in it for the freebies, free admission to the Festival all weekend might be reason enough to sign up for a shift! But that’s not all – you also get a nifty t-shirt! And snacks!
- The Crozet Fall Arts and Crafts Festival is an outdoors event, so you will reap the benefits of a couple hours in the fresh air (admit it, that isn’t always as easy as it should be).
- If you are a student at one of the local middle or high schools, Volunteering at the Crozet Fall Arts and Crafts Festival can contribute towards your required volunteer hours. Shifts are mostly 2-3 hours long, and you are welcome to sign up for multiples!
- Ultimately, you make this Festival happen! Without our Volunteer Staff on the Festival weekend, the Crozet Arts and Crafts Festival could not happen. As the longest running juried Fine Art and Craft Festival in the region, the Crozet Arts and Crafts Festival attracts Artists and Handcrafters from around the country, bringing a diversity of techniques and styles to this area and contributing to the larger country – even world! – wide artistic community. Thanks to Volunteers like you.