The Crozet Arts & Crafts Festival is a tradition for many artists, patrons, volunteers and entertainers alike. It has a strong reputation locally and the demographics of the area provide support year after year. Due to its central location in the Commonwealth and its convenient access to many major roadways, including I-81 and I-64, the Charlottesville area makes a great show stop between major cities. Any time of year is a good time of year to do business here, but many visitors choose to visit this historic area in the exquisite Spring and Fall.
Crozet Arts & Crafts Festivals are held at Claudius Crozet Park and serve as the primary year round source of income for the operation and maintenance of the Park. The Park is a community owned and operated non-profit recreational facility open to all. Locals support the art festival for this reason. Out of towners and travelers from other regions attend as a way of supporting Artists and Handcrafters.
The Crozet Arts and Crafts Festival is run by one year-round Festival Director, supported by the Park Board. The Festivals operate with the aid of amazing Crozet and Albemarle County area volunteers who give their time in a variety of capacities during each Festival weekend. Fine Art and Craftwork are the heart of the Crozet Arts and Crafts Festival and we are honored to host incredible groups of Artists and Artisans over the past 37 years. Together, we continue to improve the entire experience each year and in 2017 we were pleased to have our Spring Festival included on Sunshine Artists Top 200 List.
Our marketing campaign includes but is not limited to the following:
- Radio coverage by major networks in the Charlottesville, Richmond, Waynesboro, Staunton, and Harrisonburg areas, with on-air ticket giveaways
- Television coverage, with station ticket giveaways
- Welcome Center and Rest Area banners and promo displays
- Social media connections
- Email blasts
- Press Releases to local and state-wide publications
- Newspapers and magazine publications in print and online
- Postcards (sent by artists, complimentary)
- Poster and card distribution
- Local banners
- Collaboration with local business and organizations
- Festival postcards and posters provided free of charge for your mailing lists
- Complimentary continental breakfast Sat & Sun
- Catered Artist reception Saturday evening (2 complimentary tickets per booth)
- Exhibitor name, medium, work description, and website with link listed on the Festival website
- Exhibitor name, medium, work description, and website listed in the Festival program
- On site camping, minimal charge includes shower use in on-site YMCA pool house at designated hours
- Overnight Security on Friday and Saturday nights
- Booth sitters
- Easy check-in
- On-site Exhibitor parking
- Exhibitor badges and booth cards with business name and booth number
- Electricity included with tent and pavilion booth spaces (please see Festival Policies for important information regarding electrical requirements)
The Crozet Arts and Crafts Festival offers several awards to outstanding Exhibitors each year. Director’s and President’s Choice Awards are honorary, with recognition at the Artist Reception on Saturday evening. Best in Show, 2nd Place, and 3rd Place are chosen by outside judges – generally community members involved in the local arts scene. These awards also include jury exempt status for Festivals in the following year, as well as free or discounted booth space. All Award winners receive beautiful handcrafted ribbons.
The Festival jury is made up of at least three members, not including the Festival Director who does not contribute to jury scoring. Jurors are artists, arts professionals, or collectors with experience in a variety of media. Jurors work independently, scoring each applicant 1-5 based on the photos provided with the application as well as answers to the questions in the application. Scoring is done anonymously – jurors do not know Artist names (please be sure your booth shot does not include signage). The Festival Director reserves the right to limit any category to provide diversity of arts and crafts throughout the Festival and to give Exhibitors a reasonable chance for successful sales.
IMPORTANT! JURY DEADLINE FOR BOTH FESTIVALS IS JANUARY 30!
- Read and agree to the Festival Standards and Policies
- Images: 5 (4 images of work, 1 booth shot with no signage)*
- Application Fee: $35 ($45 for paper application), nonrefundable (see full schedule and list of payments and fees)
The Crozet Arts & Crafts Festival uses ZAPPlication to administer our application and jury process. Interested artists should complete the online application/s and submit the non-refundable jury/application fee/s with four (4) artwork images and one (1) booth image with no visible signage. Artists must complete separate online applications for the Spring and Fall Festivals and acceptance at one Festival does not guarantee a place at the other.
Artists who are not able to submit their application thru ZAPP may send a paper application. An administrative fee of $10 in addition to the Application Fee stated above will be assessed.
Digital Images: Images 1-4 should represent the complete range of work that you intend to display at the Crozet Arts & Crafts festival. Image 5 is a booth shot, with no visible signage.
We will jury both Festivals during the same period and notify all accepted Exhibitors for both Festivals on the Jury Notification Date. If you are accepted to one or both Festivals, you will need to submit your $150 deposit – this will be credited towards the last show in which you participate (i.e. if you are at both shows, the $150 will go towards your fall booth fee; if you are only in the spring show, the deposit will be credited to your spring booth fee).
2018 Spring AND Fall Festivals
- November 30, 2017 – Applications available online at zapplication.org
- January 30, 2018 – Application deadline
- February 5-12, 2018 — Jury in Process
- February 17, 2018 – Artists invitations/rejections/wait-lists released by email
- February 28, 2018 – Last day to accept invitation to participate and pay deposit
Spring 2018 – May 12 & 13 (Mother’s Day Weekend)
See booth fee payment schedule and due dates >
May 11 – Artist check-in and set up, 10am to 6pm
May 12 & 13 – Festival Weekend
Fall 2018 – October 6 & 7 (Indigenous Peoples / Columbus Day Weekend)
See booth fee payment schedule and due dates >
October 5 – Artist check-in and set up, 10am to 6pm
October 6 & 7 – Festival Weekend
The Crozet Arts and Crafts Festival is pleased to offer booth spaces to local non-profits and arts organizations at no cost. We do ask that participating organizations contribute a good or service to the Festival - an item for our free door prize, an activity provided to the public free of charge, an advertising partnership, or other as agreed upon with the Festival Director.
We do not allow commercial businesses to have booth spaces at the Crozet Festivals, with the exception of businesses sponsoring the Festival at our upper sponsorship levels. If your business would like to partner with us as a Festival Sponsor, please visit our Sponsorship page and contact the Festival Director.
We are not an appropriate market for MLM businesses.
*Images must be included in all zapp applications. Paper applications must submit digital photos only – email is preferred, cd is accepted. NO printed photos or slides, please.